1401 J Ave
Amarillo, Texas 79111
Please mail Applications for Admissions to:
PO Box 447
Amarillo, Texas 79178
Amarillo College East Campus originally was part of the Texas State Technical Institute (TSTI) opening in 1970 with 254 students. In 1991, the state legislature recognized TSTI as in institution of higher education by changing the name from institute to college and the campus became known as Texas State Technical College (TSTC) Amarillo.
In May 1995, Amarillo Technical Center (ATC) was created when then Texas Governor George W. Bush signed the bill authorizing the transfer of TSTC to Amarillo College. The bill provided for a 20-year lease of the properties to AC, and the lease would be renewable every two years. At the time of transfer, summer enrollment showed 553 students. Course offerings then were both technical degree and certificate along with academic support classes.
Another name change came in November 2002 after two months of queries among the AC Executive Committee, ATC employees and students. It was unanimous to change the name to Amarillo College East Campus.
Technology classes offered at the East Campus include Auto Collision, Automotive, Aviation Maintenance, Diesel Mechanics, Electronics, Fire Protection, Industrial Maintenance, Instrument and Control, and Safety and Environmental. Other classes offered include academic support as well as Drafting, Fire Protection (Basic Firefighter), Interior Design, and Welding.