Amarillo College Students Rights and Responsibilities publication contains policies, regulations and procedures that include a Code of Conduct, and Alcohol and Drug policies. Students are responsible for knowing and abiding by its provisions. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in disciplinary action.
Your cooperation and involvement in campus safety are absolutely necessary. You must assume responsibility for personal safety and the security of personal belongings by taking simple, common sense precautions such as:
- calling a campus police officer to escort you to your car late at night.
- engraving valuable personal items such as calculators, computers, and other electronic equipment (the Department provides engraving instruments at no charge)
- always locking vehicles and valuables in the trunk
- reporting any suspicious individuals to the Department
- operating and parking vehicles according to the Traffic and Parking Regulations of Amarillo College and the laws of the State of Texas