SAT - VALID Photo ID Required
Amarillo College serves as a Testing Center for the SAT. The SAT program has two components: SAT Reasoning and SAT II Subject Test. Both measure skills important for academic success, and are often used to grant admission, credit, and/or placement in college.
The SAT Reasoning Assessment measures Verbal, Mathematic, and Writing Skills, and is often used as a criterion for admission to colleges and universities. SAT II assessments measure specific skills in different subject areas. Credit or placement into various courses may be earned.
Although neither the ACT nor the SAT is required for the admission to Amarillo College, academic credit may be awarded based upon scores achieved. The policies and scores required to earn credit by examination for the SAT assessment are described below:
- Students must file an official score report and a petition for credit with the
- Registrar’s Office in order to receive credit by examination.
- Grades are not recorded for credit earned by examination.
- Courses for which credit is earned by examination will not affect the grade point average (GPA).
- Credit by examination will be awarded on the transcript only after a student has been officially enrolled at Amarillo College.
SAT scores required for credit at Amarillo College:
- Verbal 710 = 6 hrs. credit in Freshman Composition I and II. (ENGL 1301 and 1302)
- Verbal 610 = 3 hrs. credit in Freshman Composition I (ENGL 1301)
- Math 600 = 3 hrs. credit in College Algebra (MATH 1314)
- Math 600 = 3 hrs. credit in Contemporary Math (MATH 1332)
SAT Assessment Dates 2012 - 2013
|Assessment Date||Registration Deadline|
|October 5||September 6|
|November 2||October 3|
|December 7||November 8|
|January 25||December 27|
|March 8||February 7|
|May 3||April 4|
|June 7||May 9|
Students requiring special assessment conditions or alternate assessment dates MUST communicate with SAT student services. SAT requires advance registration and payment. For more information or to register online, go to the official SAT website at www.collegeboard.org/sat.