Amarillo College Testing Services administers the GED for high school equivalency certification. GED testing meets federal legislative guidelines for Ability to Benefit (ATB) for higher education. ATB qualification is required for students without high school diplomas to be eligible to receive federal financial aid for college. (See Financial Aid for more ATB information.) The GED test measures high school level proficiency in five areas: Writing Skills, Social Studies, Science, Literature, and Mathematics. Separate publications are available which describe the content of each part of the test.
American Council on Education issues a warning regarding FAKE Online GED Testing Credentials. Click here to read the official warning.
Eligibility for Testing:
- Be a Texas resident or a member of the armed forces stationed in Texas.
- Be 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in school.
- Be at least 17 years of age and have a signed parent/guardian consent form.
- Produce a completed TEA Continuing Education and School Improvement GED Test Administration Withdrawal Form for 17 year olds.
- Persons 16 years of age and who are recommended by a public agency that has supervision or custody of the person under court order MUST present the court order and completed Parent Consent Form in order to attend Orientation/Registration and begin testing. Recommendations must include the applicant’s name, date of birth, and must be signed by an official of the public agency. Judges may make the recommendation if they are acting in lieu of a juvenile probation officer.
THE GED IS NOW OFFERED IN SPANISH!!!
COMPUTER BASED TESTING FOR GED
- Testing offered Monday thru Thursday!
- $33.75 per test section - $135 total!
- Results in just days instead of weeks!
- Spanish language GEDs now available!
- Visit www.GED.com (24 hours a day/7 days a week)
- Call 1-877-EXAM-GED (1-877-392-6433) 7a.m. to 7p.m.
Payment Methods Accepted:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- MUST contact GED Testing Service online or by phone 24 hours before to your scheduled appointment
- If test taker is within 24 hours of their scheduled appointment, they may choose to either take the test or not take the test, however, if they do not take the test it will be treated as a no-show and your fees will be forfeited.
- Test takers that do not arrive within 15 minutes of their scheduled appointment time will be considered a "NO SHOW" and their fees will be forfeited
On Test Day:
- Bring a valid, photo ID and any required documentation to the Testing Center located in the Student Services Center on the Washington Street Campus. You will not be permitted to test without the appropriate ID!
- Please take into consideration that you will not be allowed to take watches, purses, wallets, cell phones, or other personal items into the Testing Room. You may leave these items at home or in your car. Testing Services does provide open storage for students, however, we are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items