Students between the ages of 10-17 can enjoy camps for basketball, football, soccer, and volleyball. Each of the camps are led by prominent members of the Palo Duro High School coaching staff and will be open to the first 75 kids who register on the first day of each camp.
The camps are free thanks to funding from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services through its Community Youth Development Program. These funds are administered locally by United Way of Amarillo & Canyon.
These camps being offered through AC’s Kids’ College:
BASKETBALL – coached by A.J. Johnson
- June 26-30 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon – Palo Duro High School
- July 10-14 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon – Mann Middle School
- July 17-21 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon – Travis Middle School
FOOTBALL – coached by Chris Fisher
- July 24-28 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon – Palo Duro High School
SOCCER – coached by Adriana Cavazos & Irvin Johnson
- July 24-28 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon - Palo Duro High School
- July 31-Aug. 4 (Monday-Friday), 8 a.m.-noon - Palo Duro High School
VOLLEYBALL – coached by Joyce High
- June 26-30 (Monday-Friday), 1 p.m.-5 p.m. - Palo Duro High School
Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks are provided by Elizabeth Jane Bivins Culinary Center, Colorful Closets, the City of Amarillo, Mission Amarillo, Snack Pack 4Kids, United Way of Amarillo and Canyon, and AC’s Kids’ College.
Remember: each camp is limited to the first 75 kids who register on the first day (on Monday) of each camp, so it is advised that interested campers arrive early the first day of the camp they want to attend. Registration begins at 7 a.m. on the Monday of each camp. Boys and girls must be 10-17 years of age and either live in the 79107 ZIP code, attend a school in the 79107 ZIP code, or be planning to attend a school there in order to participate.
For more information, please call Amarillo College’s office of community programs at (806) 371-2920.