The 2018 windfall is almost double the number of accolades AC received from CAA a year ago, when four of the prestigious awards found their way to Amarillo.
CAA is an elite program recognizing higher education for excellence in communications, marketing, advertising and school promotions. Submissions numbered more than 900 in 2018 – inclusive of the U.S. and Canada – from small community colleges to very large schools and universities.
Amarillo College captured Gold Awards, which go to just five percent of institutions nationwide, for the following:
- Special Events – for “Chalk It Up Sidewalk Art Contest”
- Advertising Specialty – for “Horticulture Potted Plant Giveaway”
- Logos/Trademarks/Mascots – for “Thrive Scholarship Logo”
- Pocket Folder – for “Amarillo College Pocket Folder”
AC also captured these Silver Awards:
- Billboard Design Series – for “Success Is Billboards 2018”
- Newspaper Ad (single) – for “Horticulture Community Enrichment Ad”
Additionally, the College garnered a Bronze Award for:
- Radio (single) – “AC Radio Spot – Forge the Future”
Judging criteria included creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality and overall appeal.
“This recognition is extremely gratifying,” said Kevin Ball, vice president of communications and marketing. “We set our bar high, especially after the significant success we achieved last year at the Collegiate Advertising Awards, but to win a total of seven awards this time around, and for such a wide range of our marketing initiatives, is beyond all our expectations.
“I think these awards are a reflection on our superlative creative team’s commitment to consistently communicating the College mission,” he said.