Student Clinical Accidents/Injuries

If a student is injured in a clinical setting, they should first notify their Clinical Supervisor and/or their Health Sciences Program Director or Education/Clinical Coordinator. Each of the following forms should be downloaded (pdf format), printed, and completed, as per theaccompanying instructions contained in the Student Injury Procedures and Student Injury Checklist:

If a student is injured with a contaminated sharp instrument, the following form must also be downloaded (pdf format), printed, and completed:

TDSHS Contaminated Sharps Injury Reporting Form

In addition, if the student requires medical treatment as a result of a clinical accident/injury, the following form must be downloaded (pdf format), printed, and completed and signed (Section 1), and must accompany the student when he/she seeks initial treatment AND each time he/she receives follow-up care:

Hartford Insurance Claim Form

This form, once completed and signed by the medical provider, must be submitted to Tania Cooper (806-371-5103) in order for the claim to be processed for the purpose of reimbursement for medical treatment received by the injured student. Failure to submit the completed form will result in non-reimbursement for medical expenses.

An official Amarillo College Student Identification badge must be presented at the time of service, if a student elects to seek treatment at Concentra Health Services.