Many academic departments, advisers and clubs have formal and informal mentoring resources for AC students:
- The Office of the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs serves our former foster care students and graduates of Boys Ranch High School. Please contact April Sessler at 806-371-5321 or her office SSC 228.
- The AC Advising Department is a great resource of caring, knowledgeable individuals who help students identify and achieve their short & long-term goals. You can also find us on Facebook.
- Students that are planning to transfer to a four-year university after they receive their Associate’s degree from Amarillo College. Many great resources on this page to help students plan a seamless transition to university.
- Social Services is a great resource to assist students who may have individual concerns and situations that need to be addressed to ensure that the student continues to be successful at Amarillo College.
- Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Information Systems, Network-Cyber Security, Office Administration and Legal Studies has a Facebook page for these majors. Legal Studies/Legal Society also has a Facebook page.
Vocational Nursing majors can contact LaVon Barrett at 806-354-6015 for information on getting started in a nursing career. Nursing majors can contact Susan McClure for information on getting started in a nursing career.
- Mentoring and career services are available for all Aviation Maintenance and Aerospace Manufacturing Programs. For more information, contact Scott Latino.
- The English department offers the following opportunities:
- Sigma Kappa Delta - opportunities to discuss career paths with peers, club advisors and guest speakers. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writer's Corner - located in ORDW 102. Offers tutors that can critique papers, stories, etc. Informal information on careers from peers, staff and teachers. Please contact email@example.com.
- Freelancer Publication - this is a yearly publication. It gives the students an opportunity to win a contest in writing and/or art that is published. This allows the students to explore the process of being a published writer. They can then add onto a resume that they have been published. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.