Frequently Asked Questions
Who is required to take New Student Orientation?
All new students are required to take New Student Orientation.
Do I need to be registered for classes before I can sign up for New Student Orientation?
I’m a transfer student. Do I need to complete a New Student Orientation?
Transfer students with 12 or more transferable hours and a 2.0 or higher GPA (from previously attended institution) do not need to take New Student Orientation. Official transcripts from previously attended institution must be on file with the AC Registrar’s Office for exemption to be verified. Please call (806) 371-5440 to verify transfer exemption.
I took Dual Credit classes. Do I need to complete a New Student Orientation?
What is covered in New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation prepares students for the first semester of college. By providing important information about policies, services, and activities, New Student Orientation helps you avoid potential obstacles in achieving your goals. Content includes key resources, strategies for success, campus tour and opportunities to meet other new students.
How can I complete my New Student Orientation requirement?
Students can fulfill their New Student Orientation requirement by registering for and completing any ONE of the following:
- Badger Boot Camp (summer only; designed for recent high school graduates)
- General Sessions
- Online Orientation
How long is New Student Orientation?
- Badger Boot Camp (summer only; designed for recent high school graduates): all-day event
- General Sessions: three hours
- Online Orientation: self-paced, approximately one hour
How do I register for New Student Orientation?
- Badger Boot Camp (summer only; designed for recent high school graduates): Print and mail registration form.
- General Sessions: Registration for General Sessions is the same as registering for your regular courses through AC Connect.
- Online Orientation: You will need to sign in using your AC ID number.
May I bring a guest or child with me to the session?
- Badger Boot Camp (summer only; designed for recent high school graduates): There’s a separate registration and fee for Badger Boot Camp Moms & Dads; children are not permitted.
- General Sessions: Children are not permitted.
I’ve taken the Online Orientation. How long before my student account will show my New Student Orientation requirement has been fulfilled?
The usual wait time is one business day.