Area Wind Technology Data
- Panhandle Worksource has indicated the need for between 500 and 750 wind technicians by the year 2012 in the Texas Panhandle.
- This Program is on the list of priority occupations for the region and the state as identified by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- The new electrical grid in the Texas Panhandle is expected to result in hundreds of wind turbines in the Panhandle region.
- After two advisory board meetings with industry it was unanimous that local and regional employers show sufficient employment opportunities for the program.
- Entry-level salaries for graduates are projected to be between $17 and $27 per hour as a starting wage.
- The Texas Panhandle has the potential for more than $7.5 billion of capital investment in wind development and construction.