FINAL DEADLINE TO APPLY IS *FEBRUARY 15, 2021
To receive the Sybil B. Harrington scholarship for Fall 2021, you must be a 2021 high school graduate in any of the 26 counties of the Texas panhandle. You must register as a full-time student (minimum of 12 hours) and maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
The scholarships are awarded to three types of students:
- Current high school graduate wishing to attend an accredited four-year Texas college or university.
- Current high school graduate wishing to attend Amarillo College.
- Current Amarillo College/Harrington recipient who has attended AC for two years or 60 credit hours and wishes to renew the scholarship for two additional years at a four-year Texas college or university. Contact Kay Campbell at email@example.com for this particular application.
Please, completely fill out the application, including:
- Reference Form to be completed and signed by a chosen teacher, counselor or principal, provide their e-mail in the application.
- The Statement of Personal (financial) Need form, to be filled out and signed by the "Head of Household", provide the appropriate e-mail in the application.
- A copy of the first two pages of the 2019 IRS income tax return (1040) which must be faxed, mailed or delivered directly to the Amarillo College Foundation (PLEASE omit all SS numbers).
The applications, with subsidiary attachments, are set up online, allowing each appropriate person to fill in the forms, sign them and forward them electronically to the AC Foundation. In addition the student must upload or attach:
- A headshot or profile photograph.
- An official transcript, through Fall 2020.
- ACT and/or SAT score.
- A minimum two-page double-spaced narrative indicating your college plans and your future career plans. This statement should include at least the following but is not limited to these questions: • What is your planned major? • Why did you choose this field of study? • What do you plan as a career? • What are your goals or future expectations?
- DO NOT use special characters or spaces in the file names of the requested attachments
**For security purposes, the only form that cannot be uploaded or attached to the application and sent electronically directly to the AC Foundation is the two-page 2019 1040 IRS Form (with SS #s blacked out). The form can be faxed to 371-5370 or:
Mailed to: OR Delivered to:
The Amarillo College Foundation The Amarillo College Foundation
P.O. Box 447 2401 S. Washington St.
Amarillo, TX 79178 College Union Building Ste 204
The application will not be reviewed unless all items are completed and received in the Foundation office by February 15, 2021. *this deadline has been extended to account for any technical issues, contact the AC Foundation office with any errors or issues
The application will not be reviewed unless all items are completed and received in the Foundation office by February 15, 2021.
If you have questions, please contact the Amarillo College Foundation at (806) 371-5107 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
SYBIL B. HARRINGTON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Current High School Seniors (From 26 counties of Texas Panhandle)
HARRINGTON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
To Attend an Accredited Four-Year Texas University or To Attend Amarillo College