All parents new to the Amarillo College Suzuki String program must complete a parent class requirement previous to or during the semester that their child begins lessons. We are pleased to be offering two options for those interested in joining our family.
One Day EVERY CHILD CAN! Seminar Option
Every Child Can! will be offered at Amarillo College on a Saturday, usually mid to late August.
The introductory course for teachers interested in Suzuki training, this seminar also benefits parents who are new to the method and fulfills the New Parent Class requirement for families new to the Amarillo College Suzuki Program.
Register for ECC Class
Full Semester Credit Option
For violin, viola, cello, and guitar parents new to the Amarillo College Suzuki Program, or those wishing to brush up on their Book 1 pieces and/or general playing skills, this is a one hour, for credit course that must be taken through the Amarillo College academic schedule. The course covers the Suzuki philosophy, practices in assisting your child, and the basics of playing the violin, viola or cello. Parents enroll as students at Amarillo College to register for this class. The new parent class meets at a weekly time throughout the semester.
- Course Independent Study MUAP 1187 Nies (violin, viola, cello, piano, flute)
- Course Independent Study MUAP 1187 Campos (guitar)
- Parents may enroll now through July 31. To register for the course, you must complete an Amarillo College Application for Admission (registration procedures and an application to print and fax can be found at www.actx.edu/enroll). Parents may indicate on their application (#13 Educational Goal) that they are "Other - non-degree seeking" to avoid academic testing requirements. An application and registration materials are also available to pick up from Tiffany McDaniel (firstname.lastname@example.org by appointment).
Materials Needed for the Class
- Nurtured by Love by Shinichi Suzuki
- Book One of the Suzuki Method for the instrument your child will be studying
- Book One CD for the instrument your child will by studying
- A limited number of instruments are available to check out through the College on the first class day.
Support The Amarillo College Suzuki Program
"Perhaps it is music that will save the world."- the great cellist, Pablo Casals, upon hearing a group of Suzuki students perform.