- Log in to Service Now with your ACNetID and password. It's the same id and pwd you use for ACConnect, Blackboard and most other web applications (except UIFive, that's a separate system)
- After logging in you will be taken to your homepage within Service Now. It's a lot to take in, but you really only need to be concerned with two places. Here is a look at the homepage:
- Let's take a closer look. Note the RED ARROW:
Create a New Incident is where you request service. Here are the steps:
- Click on Create a New Incident
- Who is this for? By default the logged in user is filled out here, but you can request service for another person, for example, a Staff Assistant requesting service for a faculty member.
- Select the impact. Remember, not every incident is High Impact.
- Give it a short description. This is the title of your request.
- Give it a long description. This is the part where you give the most detail.
- Click Submit.
- Your Requests - The lower right hand of your homepage allows you to see the status of your requests. It looks like this:
ITS is now opening our support ticket system college wide. It's called Service Now , and it allows you to request service and explain issues in a way that puts you in contact with the IT personnel assigned to your particular request. It's easy to use, but here are a few visual steps.