Institutional Accreditations and Memberships
Amarillo College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Amarillo College
When program accreditation or other reviews are required or advantageous to the College, the administration may require or recommend program or institutional compliance to the prescribed standards as set forth by the accrediting body or any agreed upon entity.
Amarillo College is a member of:
- the American Association of Community Colleges,
- the American Technical Education Association,
- the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities,
- the National Council for Occupational Education,
- the National Council of Instructional Administrators,
- the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges,
- the Texas Administrators of Continuing Education for Community/Junior Colleges,
- the Texas Association of Community Colleges,
- the Texas Association of School Boards,
- the Texas Community College Teachers Association,
- the Texas Junior College Association and
- the Texas Association for Community Service and Continuing Education
The Amarillo College President's Office will make available for review to any enrolled or prospective students, upon request, a copy of the document describing the institution's accreditation.
Program Accreditation and Memberships
Specific programs of the College are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 1-800-669-1656) and approved by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON)
- The Automotive Technology program is certified by the Automotive Service Excellence, a national institute.
- The Aviation Maintenance program is certified by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- The Basic Peace Officer program is certified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer's Standards and Education (TCLEOSE).
- The Center for Continuing Healthcare Education is approved by the Texas Nurses Association as a provider of continuing education in nursing.
- The Child Development Lab School is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The Dental Hygiene program is accredited by the American Dental Association.
- The Electronics Engineering Technology curriculum is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC/ABET).
- The Journalism program is certified by the National Community College Journalism Association.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (8410 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 670, Chicago, IL 60631, (773) 714-8880).
- Amarillo College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Nuclear Medicine Technology program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Nuclear Medicine Technology and by The Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board.
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, MD 20824-1220, (301) 652-2682) of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- The Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.
- The Radiation Therapy and Radiography programs are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. (20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182, (312)703-5300)
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education.
- The Respiratory Care and Surgical Technology programs are accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation.
- The Theatre program is accredited by the Texas Educational Theatre Association.
- The Vocational Nursing Program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON)