Gives students a broad knowledge base of all aspects of Diesel Technology. Students enter the industry prepared to work in a shop environment in a variety of specialties.
Length of Program:
- Auto/Diesel Technology - Basic Certificate: 5 months
- Basic Mechanics Certificate: 9 months
- Advanced Mechanics Certificate: 16 months
- Tools: Students must purchase toolkit #1, #2 and #3 (under Industrial Technology) in their first semester. See "Tool Lists".
- Uniform Shirt: Students are required to purchase and wear a uniform shirt to every class.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Students are required to purchase and wear safety glasses.
There are several types of financial aid that students at Amarillo College can apply for. There are also scholarships available through Amarillo College and other providers. Visit www.actx.edu/fin for information on financial aid and scholarships.
Program Course Outline:
- Auto/Diesel Technology - Basic Certificate
- Diesel Technology - Basic Mechanics Certificate
- Diesel Technology - Advanced Mechanics Certificate
$20.55 per hour / $42,740 per year*
*The figures quoted are median wages for the Panhandle of Texas gathered and analyzed by Economic Modeling Specialists, International, Career Coach. Find additional information at http://actx.emsicareercoach
Occupations related to this program:
Bus and Truck Mechanic and Diesel Engine Specialist