Most recent Annual Performance Report
Nomination Form including a combination of the following:
Examples of exceptional volume or quality of work, or innovative ideas—This factor demonstrates accomplishments beyond the requirements of the position, a definite quality of work that is consistently superior, or unusual initiative that enhances the department and the College.
Special Projects/Assignments—this factor shows the employee’s willingness to assume extra duties, projects or assignments that are not normally his or her duties. This may be voluntary on the part of the employee or may be assigned by the supervisor.
Relationship with co-workers, students, staff, and general public—This factor involves cheerful cooperation on the part of the employee, as well as a spirit of consistently helpful service to Amarillo College.
Staff Development — (Recorded staff development activities will be obtained by the CESC from the office of Professional Development.) This factor involves any activity that will benefit the employee in his/her job or Amarillo College as a whole. It is not limited to AC sponsored activities. It can be academic classes, continuing education classes, any professional workshop/class, in-house workshops, etc.
AC Representation/Involvement outside regular job duties—This factor is in addition to successfully completing regular assigned job duties. This activity must be relative to the job and/or to Amarillo College as a whole. (Some examples are grant writing, committee involvement, mentoring, etc.)
Other—In addition to the factors listed above, special projects or other activities that justify an award may be included.
A supervisor may make a recommendation using the factor(s) most applicable to the department and/or the individual. Factor(s) used for the nomination must be fully justified on the nomination form. It is NOT a penalty if all factors are not present in the recommendation; however, those that are used must be explained in detail.
- To be eligible for an Outstanding Classified Employee Performance Award, a benefits-eligible classified employee must have worked in his or her current department for six months at the time of the nomination and must have completed one year of service at Amarillo College by August 31, 2010.
- Recipients from 2009 are not eligible for nomination this year, but recipients from 2008 and prior are again eligible. Classified Employees Salary Committee (CESC) members are eligible to be nominated; however, if nominated, the committee member will not be involved in the selection process.
- Outstanding Classified Employee Performance (OCEP) Award nominations will be based on the following factors:
- Amounts of award, determination of percentage of classified employees to be nominated, and the number of recipients will be determined annually based on the availability of funds. Awards will be paid in the fall semester of each year as a lump-sum payment and shall not become a part of the employee’s base salary. Awards will be presented in November for 2008. Up to forty awards of $500 each will be made in the 2008/2009 school year.
- The supervisor must submit a recommendation on the Outstanding Classified Employee Performance Award nomination form with a copy of the most recent Annual Performance Report attached. No more than two additional supporting documents may be submitted.
- NOMINATION FORMS, PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS, AND OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION, MARKED CONFIDENTIAL, ARE DUE TO BRENDA WAREN, MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES, NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 3 and must be routed through all levels of supervisors including President’s Cabinet prior to that date.
- The Classified Employees Salary Committee makes the final determinations:
- a. The CESC determines the recipients of the OCEP Award. This committee is comprised of five members. Three members are elected by all classified employees for terms of three years each. Two representatives from the Classified Employees Council also serve on the committee for terms of one year each. A Human Resources representative (currently Lynn Thornton) is a non-voting, ex-officio member.
- b. In the event a CESC member is nominated for an award, alternate panelists will be selected, and the nominated committee member will not serve at all on the Committee during the awards determination process.
- c. In the event a classified supervisor or subordinate of a CESC member is nominated, that committee member will not take part in the decision-making process for that particular nomination and will not receive the corresponding documentation for that name.
CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES SALARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Katie Ahlbom, Chair
- Angie Alvarez
- Joni Stone
- Paula Sosebee
- Olga Bustos, Appointed from CEC
- Brenda Waren, Ex-Officio