Aviation Maintenance Technology
Soar into a new career.
Our degree plan for an Associate in Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology prepares and qualifies students to take all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) mechanic's exams for Airframe and/or Powerplant ratings. Students enter the civilian or military aerospace industry with a comprehensive understanding of Aviation Maintenance Technology.
Aviation Maintenance Technology Certificates offered:
Core Training FAA Approved Program
- FAA Airframe Mechanic Certificate – entails 1,168 hours or two semester and qualifies students to apply for General and Airframe testing and rating.
- FAA Powerplant Mechanic Certificate – entails 1,152 hours or two semesters; and prepares students to take the Licensing Exam for an FAA Powerplant Mechanic Rating.
- Associates Degree – Refer to the current Amarillo College Program Course Guide for non FAA Academic Course Requirements.
Throughout the US, there is an increasing critical shortage of aircraft mechanics and the number of United States commercial planes is growing.
Pay Scale: Base Pay starting at $17,000 - $25,000/year and $60,000+/year for experienced technicians.
- Application for Admission (http://www.actx.edu/enroll)
- If applicable, Completion of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) (http://www.actx.edu/testing/)
- Students are required to furnish their own tools and personal protection equipment (PPE) for the courses
- Completion of Introductory Training Course – Aviation Maintenance Technician School Curriculum Manual Training – This is a complimentary four hour training program.
Financial assistance including federal programs and grants, scholarships and loans can be applied for at the Financial Aid Office (http://www.actx.edu/fin), located in the Student Service Center on the Washington Street Campus. Deadlines for filing for financial aid are March 30 for Fall, October 30 for Spring, and April 1 for Summer. For more information call 806-371-5310
Find detailed course of study information see the Aviation Technology Class Rotation
For Details Call:
Terry L. Smith
FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician School AM0T064K
East Campus, Academic Classroom Center, Room 103
1310 F Avenue
Amarillo, TX 79111
Phone: (806) 335-4343