Students who excel have two options:
- Honors courses in high-demand subjects for academically-prepared students;
- A learning community called Presidential Scholars that gives high achieving and motivated students the opportunity to participate in student-centered learning experiences that promote intellectual growth, cultural appreciation, professional focus, leadership development, and civic participation.
- Students self enroll with GPA of 3.0 or 90% out of high school
- Courses offered in high demand subjects
- Smaller, more interactive classes
Presidential Scholars Option
- 15 students admitted each school year
- Students must apply for admission and complete an admissions essay and interview
- Students represent top 10% of high school classes
- Students complete four courses designated as "Honors" and take two semesters of Scholars seminar during their first year at AC
- Students receive special scholarships and incentives for participation
For more information on Honors classes or the Presidential Scholars Program, please contact Jill Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leslie Ingham at email@example.com.