Students who excel have two options:
- Honors courses in high-demand subjects for academically-prepared students;
- A learning community called Presidential Scholars that gives high achieving and motivated students the opportunity to participate in student-centered learning experiences that promote intellectual growth, cultural appreciation, professional focus, leadership development, and civic participation.
||Presidential Scholars Option
- • Students self enroll with GPA of 3.0 or 90% out of high school
- • Courses offered in high demand subjects
- • Smaller, more interactive classes
- • 15 students admitted each school year
- • Students must apply for admission and complete an admissions essay and interview
- • Students represent top 10% of high school classes
- • Students complete four courses designated as "Honors" and take two semesters of Scholars seminar during their first year at AC
- • Students receive special scholarships and incentives for participation
For more information on Honors classes or the Presidential Scholars Program, please contact Jill Gibson at email@example.com or Leslie Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org.