The Joe Gandy Scholarship was created to assist veterans and their dependents with the cost of books and supplies. Joe Gandy is a faculty member, veteran, one of the founders of the Veterans of Amarillo College student club and a support of all veteran benefits. This scholarship is created in his honor for his service to our country and to Amarillo College.
- The student must either be a veteran with an Honorable Discharge or a dependent (spouse or child) as defined by the Post 9/11 guidelines for dependents.
- Vocational Rehab (chapter 31) eligible students will not qualify for this scholarship because their books and supplies are paid by their respective education program.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of six hours per semester.
- The scholarships will be in the amount of $250 per semester, payable fall, spring or summer semesters. Two students will be awarded per semester.
- A student can only receive the award one time per academic calendar year. They may reapply the next year.
- Award is to be used for books and supplies only and may be administered by check.
- Student must have completed one semester at AC to qualify for this award.