Create an account with Apply Texas
- Log on to www.applytexas.org.
- Go to “Create Your Account Now.”
- Answer all the questions. You must provide a physical address.
- Click "save profile."
- Write down your Apply Texas username and password. This is not AC’s information.
- Continue on the same site to the application section.
Complete an application with Apply Texas
- To be able to self serve, you need to provide your social security number on the application. Be sure the number is correct.
- Click on “My Applications.”
- Click on “New Application.”
- Select Two Year College/Community College.
- Select Amarillo College as your first choice school.
- Select High School Dual Credit as your first major choice – very important.
- Answer all the questions.
- Be sure to submit when finished.
You will receive a letter from Amarillo College once your application has been received and processed.
Save your ACNetID – Write it down.
To activate your AC account, go to the Amarillo College website, www.actx.edu. Click on "AC Connect."
Click on the button.
Complete the information. Your Colleague Number is your ACNetID without the leading initial.
When the next screen appears, set up a password. And, accept the "Appropriate Use Policy."
Wait for information on how to sign up for classes. The information will come from your high school counselor or go to http://www.actx.edu/dualcredit/registration
Dual Credit Application Information
A student who is eligible for a course offered as dual credit at his/her high school should complete an application for admission.
If you are a returning Dual Credit student an application is NOT necessary.
To be able to self serve, you need to provide your social security number on the application. Be sure the number is correct.
Completing an Application for Admission does not obligate you to take a course
with Amarillo College.
Students will need to complete an application and meet testing requirements
prior to taking Dual Credit courses.
Completing an Application for Admission is not the same as signing up
(registering) for a class. You will register for classes at the beginning of
For information contact:
Dual credit courses cost $50 an hour. Most courses are either 3 or 4 hours. Therefore, they cost either $150 or $200. Books may be an additional cost.
If you are having trouble completing the application for admission, ask for help.
You may contact one of the following:
The Registrar's Office: (806) 371-5036
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.-12:00 noon (Summer)
AskAC: (806) 371-5000
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. Summer)
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Becky Burton: (806) 371-5122
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.