Amarillo College Student Nurses Association (SNA)
The Student Nurses Association (SNA) is an integral part of the nursing programs at Amarillo College. Its purpose is to provide students with an opportunity to be involved in activities that support and complement their academic experiences. The SNA is student-driven and is guided by a faculty advisor(s). Our overall goal is to be of service to each other and the community. This is accomplished through an environment of caring, collaboration and mutual respect for humankind. Activities of the SNA include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly meetings with the nursing student body guided by the President of the SNA. Other officers include the Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Historian and Class Representatives.
- Community service projects include Evelyn Rivers Coat Drives and Central Church of Christ outreach ministry to the community/area of Amarillo.
- Student mentoring.
- Fundraising popcorn sales, car washes, drawings, auctions, toy walks, and other activities.
- Promoting professionalism in nursing while involved in college-wide activities and Texas Nurses Association (TSNA) activities.
- Networking with students in other college departments (Fall Festival, Spring Fling, and numerous other events)
- Welcome Breakfast, Pizza parties, and other events.
Student Nurses Association Officers and Faculty Sponsors
Your SNA Officers for 2019/2020 are:
Haley Macina & Morgan Price
Meagan Baca & Erika Lachiewicz
Mariah Neumann & Logan Marshburn
Sierra Davis, Morgan Rector, Madison Tijerina
Committee Chairs for Student Relations
Viktorya Navarro, Audra Soliz, & Meagan McLaughlin
Marianne Jones, Kathy Snider, & Teresa Herrera
We would love to have you join us!!