Physical Therapist Assistant
Welcome to the Amarillo College Physical Therapist Assistant Program!!!
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Amarillo College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org
PTA Program Changes
- For the class admitted in the fall of 2015, we will not be requiring PTHA 1301: Profession of Physical Therapy or PTHA 1321: Pathophysiology or the PTA as prerequisites. Instead, students admitted in the fall of 2015 will be expected to take these courses after being admitted to the PTA program.
- Our application dates will change. The online application will open at 9:00 April 1, 2015 and remain open until 9:00 pm on April 30, 2015.
- Our admission date will change. Students accepted to the next PTA class will start the program in the fall of 2015 rather than the spring of 2016.
- In an effort to be fair, application points will be awarded for the following courses (10 points for “A”, 7.5 points for a “B”, and 5 points for a “C”):
- BIOL 2401: Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIOL 2401: Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSYC 2314: Lifespan Developmental Psychology (If you have taken PSYC 2301: General Psychology instead of Lifespan, you will receive credit for it for this application period due to the change in program requirements)
- ENGL 1301: Freshman Comp
- 3 hours of Speech
- 3 hours of Language, Philosophy, and Culture/Creative Arts
- HITT 1305: Medical Terminology (students taking this course prior to spring 2015 will receive credit for this course only forthis[KJ1] application period)
- MATH:College Algebra or higher (students taking this course prior to spring 2015 will receive credit for this course only for this application period)
- Observation hours will need to be completed by May 18th. You may complete the online application without having all of your observation hours done. You will turn the observation logs in at application finalization sessions which will begin on May 18th.