Mission and Values
Enriching the lives of our students and community by helping learners identify and achieve their educational goals.
Create a No Excuses philosophy through actions which display the following values:
- Caring through WOW
Every student and colleague will say "WOW, you were so helpful, supportive, and open" after an interaction with us.
- Caring through FUN
We will find ways to have fun with each other and celebrate each other.
We will find ways to make our work fun and effective.
- Caring through INNOVATION
We will see ourselves a "roadblock remover" - for students and for each other.
We will always look for ways to help others and improve our processes.
- Caring through FAMILY
We will find ways to show we care about our student and each other.
We will readily and effectively share information with each other.
We will approach our interactions with each other with trust and openness.
We will put the needs of others before our own.
- Caring through YES
We will think "yes" first and find solutions rather than finding "no."
We will be passionate about our jobs and helping each other.
We will ensure a 70% Completion Rate by 2020
At Amarillo College, we help each student to succeed.
Goal #1: Completion:
- Improve persistence
- Increase completers (certificates, degrees, transfer)
- Decrease time-to-completion
Goal #2: Align with Labor Market Demands:
- Graduates obtain well-paid jobs
- Graduates perform well as employees
Goal #3: Increased Learning:
- Increase student engagement
- Increase performance on student learning outcomes
- Adjust programs and courses based on competencies
Goal #4: Equity Gains:
- Increase enrollment of sub-populations
- Increase completion of any sub-populations
Goal #5: Fiscal Effectiveness: