Smart Start Center
(formerly the Success Center)
Washington Street Campus
To connect to a Smart Start Center resource- please call 806-345-5542 (8:30am-8:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-12:00pm Friday)
- Ramp Up - Contextualized skill review prior to classes beginning. This service allows students to understand strategies to help ramp up skills necessary for success in college level course work.
- TSI Quick Reviews- TSI Quick Reviews are designed to facilitate students' appropriate placement in courses at Amarillo College. The quick review is individualized and focuses on the skill at the level in which the student demonstrates.
- MAPS (Mandatory Pre-Assessment Session)- Mandatory information session prior to taking the TSI on campus and off campus.
- Tutoring for all subjects provided by professional instructors.
- HESI Workshops- HESI Review is a 2 or 3 day review including Math, Reading Comprehension, and Vocabulary covered on the HESI assessment.
- Online Learning Repositories- HESI, Mortuary Science, BCIS, East Campus, and Education Departments have a Blackboard organization with study materials to help you be more successful.
High School Services
- High School Boot Camps for TSI
- MAPS delivered on the high school campuses for any student wanting to take dual credit or juniors prior to taking the TSI.