Student Support Services (SSS) Health Sciences
Welcome SSS-HS participants and prospective participants!
Please take advantage of these invaluable opportunities to improve your college education. Remember, Financial Literacy workshops are offered daily! Contact Sayra at 467-3106 to get your workshop scheduled.
- Hello Prospective SSS Health Science Participants!!
- We are currently accepting applications
- Please submit an application online or in person
- Please note Summer office hours beginning May 23, 2016.
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am until 12:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am until 2:00 pm
Professional and Peer Tutors for Participants!
Concepts of Clinical Decision Making with Becky York every Tuesday at 5:00 pm, West Campus Building A Room 105
Tutor office hours: Jacque Ray is available Monday12:30 pm until 2:30 pm
Ana Mejia is available Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm
Michelle Adkins is available on Saturday 10:00 am until 2:00 pm and also tutoring Mental Health
The mission of the TRiO - Student Support Services at Amarillo College is designed to increase the retention and graduation rates of low-income, first generation college students and students with disabilities who are pursuing their education in the Health Sciences. Participants can use the following TRiO provided services: academic advising, academic tutoring, financial assistance, financial literacy counseling, and transfer assistance.
- Meet income guidelines (based on taxable income)
- First-generation (neither parent graduated with a 4-year degree)
- Disabled (registered with AC disAbility Services)
140 students who meet the criteria and are selected will be offered additional services through the SSS Health Sciences Program. (Please note: no scholarships or financial aid are available to students. The program provides services and tutoring but no direct money to students.)
- Tutoring (with professional tutors, both individualized and group sessions)
- More individualized and intensive academic advising/career counseling
- Study sessions
- Financial literacy training
- Training in study skills
- Graduation/transfer training and activities
- Free printing
- Use of private study rooms
If you're interested in our program and how to apply, please contact our staff! You may also submit an application online!
email@example.com, 806-354-6086, 205B Building A, West Campus
firstname.lastname@example.org, 806-467-3106, 205C Building A, West Campus
email@example.com, 806-467-3018, 204C Building A, West Campus