Student Support Services (SSS) Health Sciences
Welcome SSS-HS participants and prospective participants!
Please take advantage of these invaluable opportunities to improve your college education. Remember, Financial Literacy workshops are offered daily! Contact Sayra at 467-3106 to get your workshop scheduled.
- Hello Prospective SSS Health Science Participants!!
- We are currently accepting applications
- Please submit an application online or in person
- Please note our office hours:
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am until 2:00 pm
The campus will be closed Saturday, December 17, 2016 through Monday, January 2, 2017.
Regular office hours will resume Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
Professional and Peer Tutors for Participants!
Tutor office hours: Jacque Ray is available Tuesday 9:00 am until 12:00 pm
Ana Mejia is available Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm
Michelle Adkins is available on Saturday 10:00 am until 2:00 pm and also tutoring Mental Health
The mission of the TRiO - Student Support Services at Amarillo College is designed to increase the retention and graduation rates of low-income, first generation college students and students with disabilities who are pursuing their education in the Health Sciences. Participants can use the following TRiO provided services: academic advising, academic tutoring, financial aid assistance, financial literacy counseling, and transfer assistance.
- Meet income guidelines (based on taxable income)
- First-generation (neither parent graduated with a 4-year degree)
- Disabled (registered with AC disAbility Services)
140 students who meet the criteria and are selected will be offered additional services through the SSS Health Sciences Program. (Please note: no scholarships or financial aid are available to students. The program provides services and tutoring but no direct money to students.)
- Tutoring (with professional tutors, both individualized and group sessions)
- More individualized and intensive academic advising/career counseling
- Study sessions
- Financial literacy training
- Training in study skills
- Graduation/transfer training and activities
- Free printing
- Use of private study rooms
If you're interested in our program and how to apply, please contact our staff! You may also submit an application online!
firstname.lastname@example.org, 806-354-6086, 205B Building A, West Campus
email@example.com, 806-467-3106, 205C Building A, West Campus
firstname.lastname@example.org, 806-467-3018, 204C Building A, West Campus