Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services

What is Vocational Rehab and how does it apply to veterans?


Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services (VocRehab or Chapter 31) program helps Servicemembers with disabilities(10%+ rating) navigate the transition from military to civilian employment. To learn more about the program visit this website

There are many ways that VocRehab can assist a disabled veteran as they transition back into the civilian world one way is through education. This program will help fund all of your required education expenses (tuition/fees, books and approved supplies) and you receive a monthly subsistence allowance. Plus you won't do this alone as you will have the assistance from a VocRehab counselor who will guide you through the whole process. 

Amarillo College's Voc Rehab Counselor is,  Debbie Peralez. She is a remarkable lady who has a special heart for veterans and she will take good care of you.

Here's some steps you need to take to get the process going:

1) Contact Debbie to determine if you are eligible for this benefit, then proceed to step 2.

2) Fill out the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP)

3) Fill out the Amarillo College Admission Applicaiton.

4) Request to have all college and high school transcripts sent to Amarillo College.

5) Make an appointment with your academic advisor.

6) Once you have the above in progress, Visit Veteran Services located in the Student Service Center Ste. 151. You are actually welcome to come by at anytime with any questions you may have. Plus we always have coffee!!


VocRehab Contact information:

K. Debbie Peralez, MRC,CRC

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor

Telephone: (806)472-3489

Fax: (806) 472-3497


VA Outpatient Clinic

6104 Avenue Q South Dr., Rm 907

Lubbock, Tx 79412