Amarillo College has dentists that review x-rays and complete exams in our clinic. We do not provide dental services beyond what is listed above. The treatment provided in the Amarillo College Dental Hygiene clinic is not intended to replace routine care with your private dentist.
How to make an appointment
Call 806 354-6050
Office Supervisor Rachel Rubalcaba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6222 West Ninth Street
Amarillo, TX 79106
The Dental Clinic is located on the West Campus of Amarillo College on the 1st Floor of Jones Hall View map of Amarillo College West Campus
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is everyone accepted as a patient in the dental hygiene clinic as a patient?
AC Patients are screened to determine eligibility and treatment needed. Some patients may not be appropriate for student learning and are better treated in a dental office.
2. Can I make an appointment over the summer?
We are open for part of the summer months but not all of the summer. Appointments cannot be guaranteed; availability varies by semester.
3. Can I get a filling or a tooth pulled from the dentists in your clinic?
No, we can only provide preventative care by dental hygiene students, which is limited to the list above. You would need to see your dentist for those procedures.
4. Do you do whitening?
No, we do not do whitening in our clinic. You would need to see your dentist for that procedure.
5. I was an AC student last semester, and I would like to book an appointment this semester. Do I still count as an AC student if I bring my AC ID?
No, only students that are registered can have their fee waived.
6. I heard that appointments last 3 hours. What if I can only stay for 2 hours?
Our students need 3 hours to provide quality care to our patients. All patients should plan on spending 3 hours in our clinic.
7. Is the dental exam and x-rays included in the fee of $35?
Yes, it is. The fee of $35 is collected at the Initial Screening Appointment. This appointment includes dental x-rays, a dental exam, and we determine the type of cleaning you need.
8. Can I bring my child with me to my appointment?
No, children are not allowed in the clinic, and they cannot wait in the waiting room unsupervised.
9. Do I need to bring anything with me to this appointment?
Yes, an accurate list of medications and dosage amounts.
10. Do you see children or teenagers?
Yes, we do see children 4 and above.
11. I have called the office number, but I keep getting the answering machine. When will I get a callback?
We are not like a dental office with regular hours. Our clinic is open during semesters and not year-round. It is essential to leave a clear message with a name and phone number, and our office manager will return your call at her earliest convenience.