Student Employee Hiring Process
- Review your budget to ensure you have funds to pay a student employee. Students are paid out of your departmental budget regardless of if they are paid out of Federal Work Study or Institutional Funds.
- Post your position on College Central Network (CCN). You can also call the Career Center at (806) 371-5147 to walk you through this process.
- Go to College Central
- Yor Access ID is:
- Your password is:
- Under Job Board, select Post, Edit, Repost or Expire Job Postings
- Include (only if appropriate) in Job Title: Federal Work Study required
- Include the language below in Job Requirements:
- Basic minimum requirements for all student employee positions
- Fall/Spring Semester: Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Summer (Financial Aid will determine whether student receives Federal Work Study or Institutional Funding):
- If receiving Federal Work Study funding: Currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours for the summer (Summer I or Summer II)
- If receiving institutional funding: Previously enrolled in 6 credit hours in the spring or enrolled in 6 credit hours for the upcoming fall
- Meet Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress.
- Work no more than 20 hours per week, and may not work during scheduled class times
- Semester to semester renewal of student employment contingent on continuing
- Must meet the above stated minimum requirements
- Include in Application Instructions: Interested students will apply through College Central Network by selecting 'Submit to Posting' (students must have a resume approved by Career Services in College Central to see this option).
- Review resumes of applicants and identify top candidates for an interview
- Prior to an interview, please contact:
- Margaret Candelaria (Financial Aid) at (806) 371-5395 to determine student's eligibility
- Carol Bevel (Business Office) at (806) 371-5038 for account number and availability of funding
- Interview top candidates and make a hiring decision
- Report your hire to Career and Employment Services (806) 371-5147
- Complete employer section of Student Aid Employment Referral form, including the CCN Job ID number (required) and get necessary signatures. Send student to Financial Aid with completed form.
- Student will be sent to EOD after completing student section of the referral form. Federal law requires I-9 documentation must be on file by Employment & Organizational Development before student begins employment. Student will need to bring I-9 documentation (social security card, driver's license, or other type identification - student ID card is not acceptable) and bank information. Dumas and Hereford students should be directed to EOD specialists on their respective campuses.
- Direct your student employee to make an appointment with Career & Employment Services for their New Employment Orientation. Students who have completed a Student Employee Orientation during a previous semester are excused from this process.
- When a student's employment ends prior to the end date of their referral, you must notify EOD & Financial Aid via email as soon as possible.
Career & Employment
Employee & Organizational Development
371-5040 or 371-5070
If you have any questions, contact our office at 371-5147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy updated April 17, 2017