Testing Specialist - Dumas
1220 E. 1st St.; Room 109
Dumas, Texas 79029
Please check with the front desk to complete MAPS before taking the actual TSI.
Testing Center Hours:
Monday and Thursday 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
TSI test must be started two hours before test center closing time.
A current (Non-expired), government issued photo I.D. must be presented at the time of the test.
Individual appointments can be scheduled by calling the Front Desk at Moore County Campus at 806-934-7220.
TSI Testing Fees:
Math - $10.00
Reading - $10.00
Writing - $15.00
All 3 tests - $35.00
Testing Specialist administers:
-Instructor exams as requested by an instructor
-Exams proctored for other universities $30.00
During times when the Testing Center is not staffed, Learning Center staff may administer instructor tests for students, pending availability.
For Dates/Iinformation: Call 806-934-7256 or 806-935-7220
Requirements to complete GED Testing:
1. If age 16, you must be court-ordered, have a completed parental permission form (unless an emancipated minor), and have a completed school withdrawal form.
2. If age 17, you must have a completed parental permission form and a completed school withdrawal form.
3. Anyone, age 18 or older is permitted to take the GED test.
4. You must provide a copy of an official form of picture identification and copy of your social security card (if you have one) to Amarillo College Learning Center staff prior to the GED testing date.
6. On the day of the GED testing, you must bring a valid Texas Picture ID and your social security card.
NOTE: All GED testing in the state of Texas is now done on the computer. There is no longer a paper and pencil version.
Instructions: Access GED.com to create an account and register for the GED tests. There are four tests: Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts. Each test costs $32.50 and must be paid for at GED.com by credit card.
Testing Center General Policies:
*Exceptions may be made for students with accommodations approved through disAbility Services.