From beginning piano and guitar classes to opera workshops, jazz ensembles and even opportunities to join a community concert band, Amarillo College has a world of musical opportunities from which to choose.
Community Ensembles and Group Instruction:
Most ensembles are open to students ages 15 and up and are subject to instructor approval as noted.
The following are offered in the fall and spring:
- Amarillo Master Chorale--subject to instructor approval
- Amarillo Opera Opera Workshop--subject to instructor approval
- Chamber Orchestra
- Community Concert Band
- Concert Choir--subject to instructor approval
- Guitar Ensemble--subject to instructor approval
- Jazz Ensemble--subject to instructor approval
- Piano Class I (fall)
- Piano Class II (spring, must have completed Piano Class I prior)
- Piano Ensemble
- For more information and to register for any of the above, click the button below
REGISTER FOR ENSEMBLES/Classes
- We are exited to be able to offer private lessons in flute, trombone, baritone/euphonium, tuba, percussion, piano, harp and voice through continuing education.
Open to students ages 15 and up. Spots are limited, instructor assignment subject to departmental approval and availability.
For more information on how to be permitted to register, please fill out the form at the link below
Private Lesson Info
Child/Youth Group Lessons and Camps
- AC offers music classes and camps for children and teens of all skill levels. From guitar to classical piano, from one-on-one study to youth jazz orchestra, we have a course to expand the musical horizons of any child from age 3 to 18.
Summer 2020 Camps
- Students 15 and up are allowed to register for the continuing education offerings listed at the top of the page with director approval.
REGISTER FOR MUSIC CAMPS and KIDS MUSIC CLASSES
Child/Youth Private Lessons
- *Children age 15 and up could possibly register for private lessons as listed in the above "Private Lessons" section. Follow that link for more information.
Amarillo College Suzuki Program
AC's kids music offerings include the renowned Suzuki Program. This supportive learning environment is the perfect place for parents and children to develop a creative, cooperative learning partnership and learn to play the following instruments: violin, viola, cello, guitar, flute, piano, and harp. Weekly private and group instruction, monthly play-ins, solo recitals, and the annual group recital are all components of this complete Suzuki experience. Since 1977, the AC Suzuki Program has offered highly qualified and trained Suzuki instructors to support and train growing talent in all students, ages 3-18. For additional information please click below or call (806) 371-5340.
Each student schedule is built individually from the 46 course section offerings in Suzuki, therefore, in-person registration is required for the bulk of the program.
Learn More About Suzuki