Step 1: Apply For Federal Financial Aid & Scholarships
Apply for Federal Financial Aid
Apply for Amarillo College Scholarships
- Complete the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the Amarillo College Foundation Application.
- Need help? See our office for hands on assistance or visit one of our Hands on FAFSA Events.
- School Code: 003540
Step 2: Log into AC Connect to create an account and view the Financial Aid Portal.
Step 3: Provide Missing Documents
- You may be asked to provide additional documentation in order to complete your financial aid. You can view these needed documents in the Financial Aid Portal and submit the required information to our Financial Aid Office, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 806-371-5371.
- You can also find forms on our forms page.
Step 4: View My Awards
- Financial Aid Awards can be viewed on the Financial Aid Portal in AC Connect by selecting "View Awards" or "Award Letter"
- If you wish to receive a federal student loan you can submit a loan request through the Financial Aid Portal by selecting "Request a New Loan"
Step 5: How will I Receive My Financial Aid
- Financial Aid students who receive enough aid to completely cover tuition and fees will not be required to set up a payment plan for payment deadline.
- Financial Aid will be applied to Amarillo College accounts approximately seven to ten days before the first day of class and any credit balance can be used to purchase books.
- Credit balances will be issued within 14 days of either the first day of class, or the date the funds are received if classes have already begun.
- Be sure to set up direct deposit through AC Connect so refunds can be received in a more timely manner. Students who do not have direct deposit, will be issued any eligible refunds via check.
Step 6: Remain Eligible for Financial Aid
- Students who receive federal financial aid funds, must maintatin Satisfactory Academic Progress. To meet this standard, students must:
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Maintain a 67% Completion Rate, and
- Be able to complete their program of study within 150% of the published program length.
- Click here for more information on our Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, or to view your progress log into the Financial Aid Portal and select "Satisfactory Academic Progress"
- Students must submit a renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Renewal FAFSAs are available each year on October 1st.
Trellis Company is a nonprofit organization and trusted partner that works with Amarillo College to help our students to be successful. Trellis contacts students on our behalf about important deadlines, announcements, financial resources, and other information. To protect your information, Trellis may ask you to confirm your identity using personally identifiable information. Trellis may remind you about forms or payments that are due to Amarillo College, but they will not request or accept anything from you directly.