Award amounts can be viewed through AC Connect.
- Students on financial aid suspension are ineligible from receiving any Title IV aide (grants/loans).
- Amarillo College Financial Aid staff are dedicated to providing funds in a timely manner.
- Federal regulations allow refunds to be issued within 14 days of the first class date.
- Single semester loans will be disbursed in two payments,
first half within 14 days of the first class date, second half after the mid-point of the semester.
- First time students and first time loan borrowers must complete 30 days of enrollment
prior to receiving loan funds.
- Lost checks will not be reissued until 14 days after the refund date.
Questions? Contact the Financial Aid Office (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm),
371-5000, Student Service Center, Washington campus, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Amarillo College Financial Aid Office provides a service to allow students to charge books at the AC Bookstore, typically 5 days prior to the first class date, per Federal Regulations.
- Students need to monitor AC Connect to determine awards have been changed from pending to active prior to charging books. Information can be found under the Self Service block, "Current Student", "Financial Aid", and "Financial Aid status by term".
- Students must present their College I.D. card when charging books against financial aid.
- Students enrolled in ALL Distance Ed classes:
To charge books against financial aid balances at the AC Bookstore, students should email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com and request an authorization code. Student i.d. numbers must be included with the request. Codes and instructions will be sent to the student via AmarilloCollege email addresses only. Authorization codes will not be released until financial aid has paid tuition and fees, and the student has a credit balance available. Students still have the option to purchase their books in person.